PTWA to Visit Ronald McDonald House of Chicago – BMW Championship
MEDIA ADVISORY ** MEDIA ADVISORY ** MEDIA ADVISORY
PGA TOUR WIVES ASSOCIATION TO VISIT NATION’S LARGEST
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE®, SEPTEMBER 11, 2013
Families of Hospitalized Children Create Hand Painted USA Flags & Enjoy Lunch with PGA TOUR Wives
WHAT: Members of The PGA TOUR Wives Association will visit the nation’s largest Ronald McDonald House to prepare lunch and lead a craft with kids and families staying at the House. The event coincides with the BMW Championship that weekend hosted at Conway Farms Golf Club in Lake Forest, IL.
The event is called “Hands Helping Hands” to honor the PGA TOUR Wives support of RMH families, as well as the combined effort of the wives and families showing their support of those affected by September 11th. The craft will feature children and wives dipping their hands in paint to create hand-printed American Flags for US troops.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 11, 2013
11am – 2pm
12pm, Chicago Fire Department truck salute to RMH kids, families and PGA TOUR Wives
WHERE: Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s
211 E. Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL, 60611
KEY VISUALS: 11:30am – 12:30pm , Suggested 1-hr Media Visit
– Children with their families dipping their hands in paint to make hand-printed American Flags
– PGA Wives preparing lunch for families from their featured book “Beyond the Fairways and Greens”
– Chicago Fire Department drives by Ronald McDonald House for ceremonial salute
– Kids and wives waving flags from House balcony overlooking Grand Avenue during salute
– PGA TOUR Wives host a raffle of gifts for kids and families
– Ronald McDonald House families and children
– RMHC-CNI Chief Executive Officer: Doug Porter
– PGA TOUR Wives Association Executive Director: Sara Moores
– PGA TOUR Wives Association Members, including: Diane Donald, Meagan Laird (Vice President of Community Outreach), Stacy Hoffman (Vice President of Communications) and Amy Wilson (President)
– Attendance of additional PGA TOUR Wives will be confirmed on September 10th, 2013
CONTACT: Julie Hamm
Henson Consulting, PR Agency
This special day originated with Diane Donald, wife of PGA TOUR professional Luke Donald. The couple, who call Chicago home, became supporters of the charity’s Board of Directors, and Luke has been raising money for RMHC®-CNI through a unique fundraising initiative, “Birdies Fore the House”.
The PGA TOUR Wives Association is a Florida not-for-profit corporation organized to render support and provide assistance to needy children and their families through the means of charitable events. The PGA TOUR Wives Association has given back to golfing communities and child related charities through volunteerism and over $5,000,000 in monetary contributions. In addition to fundraising, members participate in Volunteer Service Projects, performing a myriad of services ranging from Habitat builds to cooking in soup kitchens to playing with hospitalized children in communities where tournaments are held. For more information, visit https://pgatourwives.org/.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana (RMHC®-CNI) is an independent not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to care for families of children with complex medical needs by providing a ‘home away from home’ just steps from where their child is being treated in the hospital. Every night, 140 families find comfort, compassion and community at the four area Ronald McDonald Houses® and Ronald McDonald Family Room®. That’s 40,000 nights each year where RMHC-CNI families are able to stay close to their child, saving them more than $7 million in hotel costs. We are located near Advocate Children’s Hospital, Loyola University Medical Center, University of Chicago Comer Children’s Hospital, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, and Edward Hospital in Naperville. For more information, visit www.RonaldHouseChicago.org. Stay connected via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.